Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Homemade Breadcrumbs

How to Make Homemade Breadcrumbs


Today was a stretch only because of time, I feel as if my to-do list doubled in size while I slept last night ... or maybe there was the moment last night when the kids were finally in bed and the house was quiet I had the urge to enjoy the sounds of nothing, ignore the mess, relax, and do nothing! Please reassure me I am not alone here ;)

A couple days ago on my homemade croutons post, I asked what you did with the heel of your bread loaves; and  I absolutely loved reading all of your suggestions and ideas on my Facebook page! I am much like my mom who "depending on my mood" will use them or not.  However, if i don't use them immediately, in the freezer they go.  I borrowed this idea from Sandra Lee years ago. I will throw pretty much any kind of leftover bread in a freezer bag and when I am in need of breadcrumbs all I have to do is send these leftovers for a little spin in the food processor (or blender, I have done this but prefer the food processor) and viola!

A few of my favorite things besides raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, just a little shout out to a classic there, are you can spice these up or leave them as is in so many recipes: meatballs, meatloaf, hamburger patties, breaded anything, and the list could go on and on.


Additional Cost: NOTHING
Total Savings: $1 - $3 depending on brand and quantity

Today's Questions: Are you a black or creamer kinda coffee drinker? Or maybe even a tea bag sinker?  

Ok, sorry about the corniness but I couldn't resist! Maybe I need to lay off the coffee a little ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment