Friday, April 17, 2015

Homemade Brown Sugar

How to Make Homemade Brown Sugar


Today's post has turned into a dedication to my sister and her beautiful family that will soon be expecting their fourth AND just arrived back home from their mission field yesterday in preparation for their new arrival in a couple months! Making me an aunt for the 11th time ...
YIPPEE!!!!!   

My sister transitioned me from store bought brown sugar to homemade and my brother-in-law has been making their own maple syrup for years. Since I needed brown sugar to make my homemade maple syrup and I am completely out, I decided to share about what I have been doing with my brown sugar first.


Homemade Brown Sugar

1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon molasses (use more or less depending on how light or dark you want it)

Put sugar in your mixing bowl. Add molasses. Mix until well incorporated.

This is one of the MANY reasons why I love my Kitchen Aid stand mixer (I will someday upgrade to this one when my 5-quart meets its doom). With my mixer, I throw everything together and walk away and let it run.  The sugar doesn't take more than about 5 minutes, but it really is about as fun as watching paint dry, so I would find something else to multitask with while you wait :)


As you return from your multitasking you will find this perfectly blended brown sugar that stores almost better than store bought.  I store mine in an airtight Rubbermaid container and it is always fresh and moist no matter how long it has been since I used it last.

Today's Question: What is your favorite use for brown sugar?





No comments:

Post a Comment