Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Homemade Noodles

How to Make Homemade Noodles


Oh my gracious, there are an overwhelming amount of homemade noodle recipes ... I mean there's not much to pasta and I am sure any variation would taste delish, but for some one who likes to pick the best one the first time, YIKES! 

I decided to try The Pioneer Woman's Homemade Pasta recipe, not only because she's the Pioneer Woman of course, but because it included only two ingredients, eggs and flour! Since I am all about minimizing grocery list items, the less I have to remember the better. This is definitely something I can do without having to follow a recipe, thanks Pioneer Woman for sharing ... I am inspired to say the least!



Homemade Noodles

1 cup flour
2 eggs
water
salt

Put flour in bowl. Make well in flour. Add eggs to well. Use hands to mix until combined. Turn out onto floured counter top. Continue to mix until smooth and not sticky. Let rest while you prepare your water. Fill sauce pan with water that has been seasoned with salt and bring to boil. While waiting on water to boil roll noodles out to your desired thickness and cut into long skinny strips. Place in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Remove, drain, and enjoy immediately. 2 servings. 

I found it pretty easy to use a pizza cutter going back and forth to cut the noodles, they are not perfect by any means but for a first attempt it'll do just fine! Because I wanted to use these in my chicken soup, I cooked them straight in my chicken broth instead of the salt water. While we were waiting we gathered around and grabbed the bowls! YUM! Now that I have noodling making under my belt (hehe, yeah right!) I am looking forward trying a few more recipes to compare!


Today's Question: Do you have a favorite noodle recipe? I'd love to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment