Saturday, May 16, 2015

Homemade Ant Bait

How to Make Your Own Ant Bait Stations

It's that time of year when the ants are out in armies and it breaks my heart to know I am poisoning worker ants and then they are carrying it back to their colony to kill and destroy it ... extreme thinking I know but just so sad! Which is why I try not to think that deeply each time I place a cotton ball out once I have spotted an ant colony feeding on that one very minuscule crumb that one of the kiddos dropped who knows when. 

I have been using this method for some time and I now keep a jar under my kitchen sink (child locked of course!) with the cotton balls soaking in the solution so all I have to do is pull one out when I need it. It only takes about a day, maybe two, when I notice no more ants traveling back and forth. Usually I will try to follow their trail to the source of entry into our home which is quite easy if I just sit and watch without disrupting their for orderly path!

Homemade Ant Bait

1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon of Borax

Mix all ingredients together until sugar and Borax are dissolved. Add 6-8 cotton balls to the solution. Stir until cotton balls are saturated. Store in a closed container out of the reach of children (just to be safe).

ant bait station after 15 minutes of setting out

1 comment:

  1. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. best ant killers

    ReplyDelete