Saturday, May 2, 2015

Homemade French Dressing

How to Make Homemade French Dressing

Requesting a little grace today as you read this ... please look over any typos (I will proofread later today when I have more than 10 minutes!) 

homemade french dressing

Today's inspiration was Monical's french dressing, I am a little embarrassed to admit we buy this by the gallon ... hoping no longer! I started with a basic french dressing recipe from allrecipes.com and the ingredient list from the Monical's french dressing bottle. Here's what we came up with - 

Homemade French Dressing

1 cup sugar
1 cup canola oil (vegetable or olive I am sure would work ... this is what I had on hand)
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 tsp onion powder

Whisk all ingredients until well combine. Pour into container and refrigerate. Makes 2 cups of dressing.

I made two different batches - the first with brown sugar and cider vinegar and the above was my second. I was pleasantly pleased with how similar this was to Monical's french dressing ... it is missing something and I still can't put my finger on it, but when I do I will let you know!

Today's Question: Ranch or French?

No comments:

Post a Comment