Sunday, June 7, 2015

Homemade Conditioner (Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse)

How to Make Your Own Hair Conditioner

My hair was due for a wash last night, so I tried out the new no-poo. I will be using Reformation Acre's Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse just as soon as my aloe vera gel 

But for now, I tried out my no-poo and AVC rinse last night with a little plopping action using a long-sleeve t-shirt to wrap my hair up to sleep in. I did received a few awkward looks from the Mr. AND I am feeling a little like a guinea pig, just sure glad it's summer and I won't feel bad if my hair gets pulled back for than normal.

I ended up using my apple cider vinegar bottle and replaced the lid with one that had a flip top and smaller hole.


Homemade Apple Cider Vinegar (AVC) Rinse 

2 parts water
1 part apple cider vinegar

Pour ingredients into a squeeze bottle. Shake. Use on its own or after no-poo. Pour all over hair and scalp. Allow a few minutes. Then rinse well.

Afterwards, I dried my hair using only t-shirts, added a little gel/conditioner mixture (I will replace this as soon as my aloe vera gel gets here), and then wrapped it up in a long-sleeve t-shirt to sleep in over night.

I have notice my scalp feeling drier than normal but I am wondering if I didn't rinse well enough or if the aloe vera gel will help with that. We shall see! :)

Today's Questions: What is the one homemade health and beauty product you are very curious about but hesitant to try yourself? I'm up for being a guinea pig, WHY NOT?!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment