Monday, July 13, 2015

Homemade Pizza Sauce Mix

Making Your Own Pizza Sauce Mix


We've been all about the homemade thick crust pizza this last week, but I'm getting really tired of getting all the ingredients out to add to the tomato sauce. My solution to this nuisance, a mix! I've used this recipe the last few times and really like the combination and the amount of flavors, but the best part of it ... no cooking. Now, I am sure if I simmered this sauce it would be even better but when we are in a time crunch who has time to simmer?!?!

I adapted Taste of Home's pizza sauce recipe by leaving out the crushed fennel seeds. I did not have these on hand and I'm not sure I could even tell you what they are or taste like.


Homemade Pizza Sauce Mix


2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
2 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients together. Store in air-tight container. Shake before use. Use 1 tablespoon of mix per 8 ounce can of tomato sauce. For best results, refrigerate over night. 

This just simplifies one more step in making our pizza even easier! 


No comments:

Post a Comment