Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Holiday Hosting

The final post for 2016 and for the mini-Christmas series is our go-to food list -

Since my memory can be absolutely terrible sometimes :) {especially a year from now when I try to remember exactly what I made}

Christmas Eve Dinner
Italian Beef - prepared by my MIL.
Cheesey Potatoes - recipe coming soon


Christmas Morning Breakfast
Blueberry Muffin French Toast - This is one of my favorites and was featured on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. A few years ago, I decided I would make this for Christmas morning. To simplify things {because that's always essential around here!}, I make it the day ahead and use a 12"x3" round cake pan. First thing after the kids wake us up Christmas morning, I preheat the oven, place my DIY bake-even cake strips on the outside of the pan, and bake for a little over an hour or until the center is fully cooked.


Christmas Day Brunch
Biscuits and gravy - I was able to make my gravy ahead of time in my new enameled dutch oven {thanks to the Mr. for deciding we should exchange our gifts before Christmas morning!}. For the gravy I used 1 lb of sausage and 1 1/2 batches of the gravy. As for the biscuits (2 1/2 batches), I tried for the first time to make them ahead of time and they turned out pretty good {definitely worth not making them the day of}, but this is something I will not start doing on a typical basis.

Breakfast Pizza and Breakfast Burritos - prepped the day before by the MIL.

Christmas Day Snack
Buffalo Chicken Dip - Bake until bubbly and serve with tortilla chips. I've been using this recipe for YEARS as it was shared with us by a sweet hometown friend shortly after we finished college and started life in the 'real-world'.

Fruit Pizza - prepared by one of my SILs ... I have willpower against over consumption of chocolate, but this stuff, oh dear me, NO WAY!

Christmas Day Dinner {If we still have room in our stomachs by this time}
Dagwood Sandwiches - A quick, easy, and light go to dinner around here. Salami, ham, roast beef, and lettuce on ciabatta rolls. Additional topping options: bacon, avocado, tomato, horseradish, mayo, ranch, mustard, and anything else that suites your fancy.

New Years Eve and Day Snacks
Spinach Artichoke Dip - recipe coming soon
Chipped Beef Sandwiches - recipe coming soon
More Buffalo Chicken Dip

And then a few additional things just to have on hand: granola bars (recipe coming soon) and caramels.

1 comment:

  1. All of these dishes and meals look delicious! This is really helpful as Christmas is just around the corner and I needed something to prepare myself for it.

    ReplyDelete